Full Clean + Service
Full clean of bike, lubrication of moving parts, gears and brakes adjusted
This service is designed tofor your bike, including all the hard-to-get-to areas,
This is followed by a readjustment of the gear derailleurs and brakes to their optimum setup.
or if the bike hasn't had a deep clean for a long time and you're starting to get some with the brakes and gears.
- Full clean of frame and components with non-abrasive degreaser.
- Removal of debris, burrs and surface contaminants from chain, guide pulleys, tyres, brake pads and wheel breaking-surface.
- Cassette (gears at the back of the bike) cleaned and re-greased.
- Brakes, gears, cables and derailleurs lubricated.
- Chain lubricated using specific lubricant for type of riding and seasonal conditions (slicker lubricant for summer road-riding; thicker, more-weather resistant lubricant for mountain bikes or road winter riding).
- Frame Buffed and polished.
- Brakes adjusted and realigned/trued(in the case of disc brakes) for optimum performance. Cables replaced if necessary (+ £5 per cable installation).
- Front and rear derailleurs adjusted for optimum performance. Cables replaced if necessary (+ £5 per cable installation).
£40 inc collection/delivery + parts (+ £5 for matt frames/heavily soiled)Book This Service
Full disassembly of bike, clean and inspection, reassembly with fresh grease/lubricant, correct torque and brake/gear calibration
This is the big one! I think what this service really offers is peace of mind. If you want to start riding a bike that hasn't been used for a long time or that you've just got second hand and want to know that there are no hidden issues anywhere and everything is 100% ready to go, then this is the service for you.
If during the service I discover any parts of the bike that require replacing, I will contact you to discuss ordering and fitting replacements.
I will also give you a follow up call or email a month after the service to make sure everything is working as it should.
- Bike stripped down to frame.
- Thorough clean and inspection of all parts for wear.
- Removal of buried debris and contaminants from tyres, brake pads and wheel braking surface.
- Reassembly of all parts with correct torque and fresh grease/lubrication (including all sealed parts such as wheel and headset bearings).
- Fresh lubrication of chain using specific lubricant for type of riding and seasonal conditions (slicker lubricant for summer road-riding; thicker, more-weather resistant lubricant for mountain bikes or road winter riding).
- New brake and gear cables installed, cable housing ends filed or re-cut if burred or rusted.
- Brakes adjusted and realigned for optimum performance.
- Front and rear derailleurs adjusted for optimum performance.
- Frame buffed and polished.
£120 inc collection/delivery + partsBook This Service